Environment is the heart of our mother Earth and it is our responsibility to take care of our mother Earth but are we really doing something in order to protect it ?
Today i’m going to share the top 10 ways to protect the environment as an individual.
I have also added a FAQ section in the end and do check it out for great information.
I’ll take you to that in a second but first answer this question :
What steps we have taken as an individual till the last year ? Ask yourself ” Have I really done something ” ?
If i compare the quality of Earth ( i mean its beauty, its regeneration ability to grow food, provide water ) today with the earth which was millions of years old then you can easily observe the difference.
The Top 6 differences due to Humans
You might be thinking of what difference ? Well the difference is the rise of human interference with nature because earlier mostly natural disasters were observed but now due to the immense power of technology human activities have led us to the growth of :
- Climate Change
- Global Warming
- Biodiversity loss
- Deforestation, forests
- Soil erosion and degradation
- Pollution ( land, water, air, soil, plastic, nuclear and much more )
Top 10 ways to protect the environment as an individual
So let me tell you what you can do as an individual to protect the environment.
Remember that we have more work and less time and add this as a new year resolution.
Please note : First i’ll list the 10 ways and then i’ll explain them one by one.
Please go through with all the points to change someone’s life and the future please.
Here are the top 10 ways : –
- Plant trees
- Reuse, Reduce and Recycle
- Walk more and Drive less
- Save water and electricity
- Avoid to be a cause of pollution like Avoid burning of crackers, avoid burning plastics in simple terms do not cause pollution.
- Avoid wastage of food
- Try to use renewable energy resources
- Avoid plastics and instead use paper bags and leaves.
- Do not throw the waste here and there.
- Do not harm the animals.
I am also sharing some more tips as a bonus on the Top 10 ways to protect the environment as an individual Please read the whole thing for better understanding not just the points.
- Keep yourself your surrounding clean i.e promote sanitation
- Promote organic farming and buy locally grown food.
- Use Eco-friendly products.
- Consume meat and dairy product but in a limit.
- Close taps while brushing the teeth.
Now let’s start in learning these points in deep.
- Plant Trees
As an individual this is one of the best possible ways by which you can reduce the load on environment. Planting trees is not a big deal and it helps in providing much more clean air to us, provides more food and much more.
Please read this for better info ( Maybe this can change someone’s life and the future )
So Plant at least once a week. So in that way you can plant 4 plants/trees every month and nearly 50 plants/trees a year. Now suppose in each and every city even if 1 Lakh people follow this therefore in that way we can have nearly 50 Lakh trees in every city all around the world.
So in big cities like Delhi ( with a population of 2 crores ) suppose 5 Lakh people follow this then we can have 2-3 crore trees every year and planting once a week hardly takes 10 minutes so why not to contribute for nature.
Therefore it is my request to you all to plant at least once a week and anywhere you like.
So now think over that if we have so many trees with lots of fruits hanging over the roads then the poor people will not starve anymore.
This is because they will be gifted with so many trees and with so many fruits hanging out there and this is our responsibility to plant more and more trees.
Comment down who will help me in this major project and yes do this for yourself and therefore in the end you will be happy when you will see your trees to be grown up and we all will get clean air.
2. Reuse, Reduce and Recycle
Reuse, Reduce and Recycle as much as you can because the population is increasing day by day and we do not have plenty of resources left to fulfill the demand of everyone.
So do not waste anything and try to reuse it and recycle it.
For eg : Reuse clothes after single wear, try not to waste food, Reuse papers, recycle bottle, cans etc.
3. Walk more and Drive less
Try to walk more and avoid riding in cars, buses i mean avoid use of transports especially private transports. Do not use private transports while covering short distance instead prefer walking.
Walking will also improve your health and also vehicles need petrol to run which is Non-Renewable sources so prefer walking.
4. Save water and electricity
This is important to save water and electricity because the demand of resources is increasing so switch off the lights and fans while leaving the room, close taps while brushing teeth and avoid wastage.
5. Avoid to be a cause of pollution like Avoid burning of crackers, avoid burning plastics in simple terms do not cause pollution.
The pollution level is already at its peak i know you know already so avoid be a part of causing pollution like avoid burning of crackers.
6. Avoid wastage of food
Many people do not get their meal in time so always know that you are blessed. Avoid the wastage of food and consume the quantity you take.
Feed people who are in need.
7. Try to use renewable energy resources
Use solar power to cook food, use solar cars, use wind energy in other words Try to use renewable energy resources and avoid the exploitation of Non-Renewable energy resources.
8. Avoid plastics and instead use paper bags and leaves.
Plastic pollution is one of the biggest threat right now so Avoid plastics and instead use paper bags, leaves, coconut shell etc.
9. Do not throw the waste here and there.
Do not throw the waste here and there and do not harm the quality of environment. Do not pollute the land, water and air by throwing the waste here and there.
10. Do not harm the animals.
Already many animals are facing extinction and many are endangered so in order to save the species it is recommended not to harm the animals.
Also if you have animals in your home then avoid letting them in chains.
These are the 10 ways to protect the environment as an individual and i hope you will follow these steps.
Follow these steps and add them in your new year resolution.
Bonus tips to protect the environment as an Individual
Here i am sharing some bonus tips for you on the Top 10 ways to protect the environment as an individual I hope you will introduce these steps in your life.
- Keep yourself your surrounding clean i.e promote sanitation : If you keep your surroundings clean then it is a good sign for your health and for the environment.
- Promote organic farming and buy locally grown food. It is essential for you to avoid the food which are grown by pesticides which also harms the environment.
- Use Eco-friendly products This is great if you use environment friendly products since it will reduce the load of using harmful substances.
- Consume meat and dairy product but in a limit. This is to satisfy the needs of everyone and restore the peace and need of people.
- Close taps while brushing the teeth. It is essential to avoid the wastage of water
What can individuals do to protect the environment ?
In order to protect the environment the main task should be the education and the way to make people aware.
We all know our roles like to plant trees, conserve water, save natural resources etc but the main thing is education. Take small step by step solutions.
What are the 5 major environmental problems ?
Well there are many environmental problems but some of the major environmental problems are :
What are the best ways to protect the environment ?
The best ways to protect the environment are : –
Use Eco-friendly products.
Reuse, Reduce and Recycle
Walk more and Drive less
Save water and electricity