Hi everyone ! In this article i will discuss with you all about ” Farmers are using ducks instead of pesticides for agriculture “.
Some countries across the world are using ducks to promote organic agriculture and they are : –
So let’s check how are they doing this. Happy Reading !
First let’s learn about pesticides.
# What Do You Mean By Pesticides ?
Pesticides are basically the chemical compounds which are used to kill unwanted plants ( weeds ), insects, fungi, pests and rodents.
# Why We Should Avoid Pesticides ?
We must avoid pesticides because : –
- They are toxic to human and animals.
- Lead to destruction of biodiversity.
- Threatens the microorganisms and soil.
- Contaminate the soil, water and other vegetation.
- Pesticides can remain for years.
- It also harms birds, fish, plants and insects.
Now you know the adverse effects of pesticides and you also must know that traditional way of agriculture is far good for our crops and also good for our health.
Therefore these countries are trying to adopt the traditional way of farming to avoid the serious environmental degradation caused by the harmful chemicals.
# The Exact Method
This is the ancient way of doing agriculture and it is 100% organic.
- Specially bred ducks are used in rice paddies to eat weeds and insects.
- These ducks leave the rice plants unharmed and helps us in reducing the use of herbicides, insecticides and pesticides.
- Ducks even eat the seeds of the weeds.
- Though the farmers do have to remove the ducks during the harvest time still the don’t eat the rice.
# Please Note
Areas with shortage of food can increase their vegetation and their general needs to feed people by using ducks ( a traditional and organic way to farm ).
Agriculture is the most important thing in this world today to feed everyone and now you know “Farmers are using ducks instead of pesticides for agriculture “.
So instead of pesticides we must adopt these traditional methods of farming to improve the quality of our food and to feed the world with a healthier stuff rather than exploiting the crops with these harmful chemical compounds.
Sustainable development can be achieved by the traditional method of farming so avoid pesticides.
Please its a humble request to avoid plastics and instead use paper bags to protect the environment and the species living here on this planet.
Government of India have started to take strict actions and heavy charges are applied if anyone is found using plastics.
So always carry a paper bag or a newspaper with you to buy stuffs.
” MAINTAINING ENVIRONMENT AND ITS BEAUTY IS A PLEASURE AND THE BIGGEST GIFT TO GOD FROM YOUR SIDE.” – By Shivam Roy