Hi everyone ! In this article i will discuss with you about ” How farmers in Kenya are dealing with Landslides ? “.
Farmers in Kenya have actually found an innovative solution.
They are planting Bamboo on the dangerous sides of hillsides and riverbanks.
# About Bamboo : The Miracle Plant
- Bamboo is a tall evergreen plant in the grass family.
- There are 1000’s of species of Bamboo.
- It consists of Cellulose ( about 70% ) and Lignin ( around 20-30% ).
- Bamboo is very durable.
- It is flexible and elastic.
- One of the main application is Bamboo can prevent pollution.
- Yes it is a quick growing plant ( actually there are 1000’s of species of bamboo so it depends since each species grow at a different rate ).
- Spring season is the best time to plant Bamboo.
- Unlike other plants and trees Bamboo is more prone to insects.
# So how planting Bamboo is an Innovative Solution ?
- They are planting Bamboo on dangerous hillsides and riverbanks.
- Planting Bamboo for them is safer and planting trees also earns them profits.
- Bamboo re-grows at a very fast rate.
- Bamboo binds the soil together much clearly making it stable during the rainy season.
- These farmers use Bamboo as poles to hold the fences in all around the farms.
- Bamboo has higher compressive strength than wood, brick and concrete.
Now you know ” How farmers in Kenya are dealing with Landslides “. Every year 1000’s of people suffer from landslides in Kenya so they are relying on plants and trees ( especially landslides ) to deal with Landslides.
Planting more and more trees will also help us to deal with Climate Change.
Even i am offering you and requesting you all to plant trees because trees are the fundamental source of life on Earth. Plant trees each and every week to combat environmental crisis. All the best.
” MAINTAINING ENVIRONMENT AND ITS BEAUTY IS A PLEASURE AND THE BIGGEST GIFT TO GOD FROM YOUR SIDE.” – By Shivam Roy