Hi everyone ! In this article i will discuss with you all about ” Environment vs Development “.
This article will mainly focus on the long lasting debate of ” Environment vs Development “. Which one is more important for our planet Earth ? Is it Development or is it Environment ?
It means in this debate i will clear why they are important and in the nearby future which should be given more attention and freedom.
Should environment be given more attention to balance mother Earth or Development is the key to balance peace, beauty and growth of Earth.
So let’s get started ! Happy Reading !
# First let’s discuss about what ” Environment vs Development ” debate is all about.
From the last few decades there is a long lasting debate between the 2 sectors : –
- Environment and
All the people who belong to their particular sector are trying to overpower the other sector by their opinion and vision but still there is no conclusion.
The fact is : –
The one who belongs to the field of Environment wants to overpower the Development sector because they think and believe that : –
” Further development and introduction of new machineries more and more is a major threat to the Environment ( including all the plants, animals and birds and other Biotic and Abiotic components ) so we should now focus on improving the quality of environment since we are dealing with so many environmental threats like : –
- Global warming
- Climate Change
- Plastic waste and so on ( just a name of few ).
- They believe Development is leading nature to environmental degradation rather than benefiting our planet.
The one who belongs to the field of Development wants to overpower the Environment sector because they think and believe that : –
- Development is the key for the growth of a nation and advancing more and more in technology will benefit the humans and the future since technology and development together will ease our life and we will be more comfortable and our life will be very easy “.
# So which one is more important to us ? Is it Nature or is it Technology ?
Therefore before reaching to a conclusion let’s get straight into the history of ” Environment vs Development ” debate. How it actually begin ?
The end of world war 2 is known as the beginning of the period of rapid economic growth in all over the world.
U.S started the growth which was later followed by : –
- Europe and slowly each and every country on Earth.
- In India it started after the Independence in 1947.
The term ” Development ” for the 1st time was used by the US President Harry S.Truman.
Once he stated that : –
- Development is necessary for the improvement and growth of underdeveloped areas and it is also important to earn profits for a nation.
# RESPONSE OBSERVED IN THE LAST FEW DECADES
Soon ” Development ” became the key factor of most countries and the world led to the period of rapid urbanization and economic growth.
Yes development sector helped humans a lot in the last few decades. Now today we have : –
- Great vehicles
- Internet facility
- Some Great machines and so on.
- But if we take a look in the Environment then it has suffered a lot ( like Global Warming, Climate Change, Pollution, extinction of species and so on ) in the last few decades.
# MORE OBSERVATIONS
Some more things were observed during the 20th Century like : –
- Development was at its peak during the late 90’s and in the beginning of the 21st century.
- While on the other hand due to this rapid development and advancement in technology the environmental degradation has been observed i.e Development is overpowering Environment.
- Within the last few decades we have observed a huge rise in exploitation of resources, Climate Change, Deforestation is rising at a very high rate along with extinction of various species.
Therefore this is the basic history of Environment vs Development ” debate.
# Why Development Is Attractive ?
Development promised many things like : –
- More powerful nation
- Ease of life and more leisure
- Better food and health
- High employment rates
- Greater freedom and
Meanwhile the quality of environment is degrading day by day. The point is if Development is in limit then the environment can easily sustain.
Everything is a part of environment. All the plants, animals and other Biotic and Abiotic components are the fundamental sources of life on Earth.
The question is : – If development is so good then why today we are dealing with so many environmental problems like Plastic waste, Climate Change, Pollution ( Air, water, land and soil ) etc. just a name of few. Why ?
Development was doing great during the 20th century but after 1950’s the rapid introduction of Technology misleaded the quality of life and environment on Earth.
# Why Environment Is Important ?
Environment is important because : –
- It provides us food and keep us fit and healthy.
- It provides us shelter.
- Environment provides us clean and fresh air.
- Helps maintaining and balancing natural resources.
- Helps in maintaining carbon footprint.
If development is so good then why we have introduced so many protocols to protect the environment ? Just think over it.
# Conclusion For The Modern Period And For The Near Future
Today the environmental condition is worse. I am not saying that development is bad but think over that machines are not important than plants and animals.
- Today there is so much of plastic in all over the world. First of all stop manufacturing plastics.
- Plant more and more trees.
- Fight against Climate Change.
- We need fresh and organic food and nothing from pesticides.
- We need fresh and clean air to breathe.
- Clean water to drink.
So Government from now on must focus on conserving the environment and once everything is retained again then exceed for Development but in limit without causing damage to the environment.
Focus on Sustainable Development.