Hello everyone in this article i will discuss with you about the Environment friendly Mega projects in New Delhi ( India ) and how these projects are beneficial for our environment.
These projects will help us to clean the environment even more and you will learn about how different sectors are performing.
So I have covered 4 Sectors in this article.
ENERGY SECTOR PROJECTS
I know everyone have heard about Energy. But do you know that we need more and more energy to work ?
By Energy i mean to say like the Solar Energy, Wind Energy etc. Delhi government is trying its best to improve the efficiency of Energy management system.
Delhi government is now going to launch solar rooftop demand program.
I must say we should opt for more and more use of renewable resources especially solar energy.
This is because renewable resources are very important for our planet and using solar energy will also reduce the demand of non-renewable resources like coal and oil.
Solar rooftop demand program is being launched by Delhi government for domestic customers.
This program basically aims to benefit the consumers including : –
- Residential sectors
- Municipal segments
- Hospitals and
2. Delhi government is now setting up a 35 MW rooftop solar power projects.
3. Rooftop Solar Panels have been implented in 25 Delhi Schools.
This is really a very great news that schools are now going to use rooftop solar panels. Schools like DAV, Kendriya Vidyalaya and many more.
4. India ( New Delhi ) have declared to bulid a bid of 80 GW of Wind Energy by the year 2020.
So now lets have look at the waste management sector and how they are performing.
WASTE MANAGEMENT SECTOR
Everyone have heard about waste nowadays but how can we deal with so much of waste ?
Well Delhi government is taking initiatives and is trying to improve the waste management system i.e we have to deal with all the garbage and waste as soon as we can.
- THE WASTE MANAGEMENT PLANTS IN DELHI
So in order to manage and process a very large quantity of waste in the NCR, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) plans to set up Decentralized Waste Management Plants.
A plant is already there in Punjabi Bagh and this plant is currently treating : –
- 5 tonnes of organic waste per day and
- Generating 800 units per day of electricity and
- Around 800 kilograms per day of organic manure.
India’s largest solid waste-to-energy plant is launched at Narela
- North Delhi MCD recently launched India’s largest waste-to-energy plant at Narela-Bawana.
- This project will use 2,000 metric tonnes of waste every day to generate 24 mega watt of energy.
- So the project is going to built over 100 acres of land and this has been developed on public private partnership model by Ramky Group, a Hyderabad-based waste management company and in collaboration with the North Corporation.
3. SDMC to establish second waste-to-energy plant near Okhla.
The South corporation is going to establish its second waste-to-energy plant at Tehkhand which is near Okhla garbage site.
Therefore at the present, the SDMC sends nearly 1,500 tonnes of waste to the Okhla energy plant and in meanwhile 1,600 tonnes remains unprocessed and dumped to Okhla landfill site.
- For a long-term solution we need another waste to energy plant.
# 3 PHASES
- The capacity of this waste-to-energy plant will be increased in three phases.
- It will start with consumption of 1,200 metric tonnes waste every day and
- Then in the second and third phase, we will increase its capacity up to 3,600 metric tonnes per day.
So now let’s learn about how pollution sector is performing in Delhi NCR.
Pollution is one of the most commonly used word nowadays and we all know how much pollution is affecting our lifestyle.
Therefore to deal with pollution, the pollution sector in New Delhi is trying to do its best in order to provide us the best quality of : –
- Water and
1. Three Pilot Projects Is Going To Be Launched To Tackle The Air Pollution In Delhi
The National Clean Air Programme is likely to be finalized by the end of this month and sent to the states so that they can make plans to curb the Air Pollution.
Therefore the Environment Ministry is going to tackle dust pollution, including three pilot projects and they are : –
- Mounting filters on buses and
- Using dust separation chemical sprays and
- Installing the equipments to suck in particulate matters.
2. New Delhi is going to use 3 new devices in order to battle pollution this winter.
The primary pollutants in Delhi’s air are : –
- particulate matters PM10 and
Other pollutants such as : –
- NO2 and
- Ozone mostly remain within the prescribed limits.
The projects are therefore mostly aimed at reducing PM levels.
These are the air filter units which are going to be mounted on the roof of any vehicle like : –
- Auto-rickshaws and
- Even two-wheelers.
As the vehicle moves the air passes through the holes in front of the device.
The filters which are fitted inside the unit therefore traps the pollutants and what comes out is the clean air.
WAYU cleans air in three ways : –
- It removes the particulate matter.
- Secondly it breaks down the toxic pollutants such as carbon monoxide and volatile organic compound by oxidation and producing harmless carbon dioxide.
- Third, as the device sucks all the air.
Dust which comes from the construction and demolition sites contributes to at least : –
- 4% of PM10 and
- 2% of PM2.5 loads in all over the Delhi’s air.
So a chemical called magnesium chloride is therefore often used to suppress dust.
3. Projects Initiated in Delhi to Clean Yamuna
A 22-kilometre stretch of the river in New Delhi is usually contributing to around 80% of its pollution and all these projects should help make the river much cleaner and better.
SMART CITY DEVELOPMENT SECTOR
This is the sector which is also going to do a lot more help to all the people but the only disadvantage which i see in this sector is that we have to cut a lot of trees to build a smart city.
So i hope that government will try its best to protect the trees.
In Delhi NCR , slowly and slowly smart cities projects and being constructed.
According to the current scenario we have enough space to deal with smart city ideas but we have to take care of the environment also.
The most initiatives have been taken by the DDA ( Delhi Development Authority ) which is developing some large smart sub-cities in Delhi like is Rohini , Narela etc.
It is also developing the first TOD ( Transit oriented development ) project in East Delhi Karkardooma area with the help of NBCC.
TOD BENEFITS :
- More walkable and healthier neighborhoods.
- Reduced Regional pollution and congestion.
The top 7 places where we can see the smart city projects ( associated projects ) being build are :
- Lake View Complex
- Dwarka Sub City
- East Delhi TOD Project
- Redevelopment of Kidwai Nagar
- Rohini Sub city
- NDMC smart city
- Narela sub city
WHAT CAN YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL DO TO SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT ?
You can do the following : –
- Please avoid plastics as much as you can.
- Plant a tree/ saplings every single week.
- Remember to avoid wastage of food and water.