WHAT IS SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT ?
Sustainable Development is the development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of the future generations to meet their own needs.
PHRASE = ” We do not inherit this Earth from our ancestors ,
We have borrowed it from our children “
So in short , sustainable development usually means that we should save resources for our future.
Some of the examples of these resources which we should save are : –
- Fossil Fuels
Basically we need to save the non – renewable energy resources.
I am saying this because these resources are limited for our use.
So we must use renewable energy.
This is because they are unlimited in use.
Some of the examples of renewable energy are as follows : –
This will also ensure less pollution and global warming.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT ?
Well some of the goals are as follows : –
- There must be end of poverty everywhere .
- To ensure healthy lives and well being for all ages .
- To end Hunger.
- Promote sustainable agriculture .
- Ensure equal and quality Education for everyone.
- We must achieve gender equality .
- To ensure sustainable management of water and sanitation for all .
- By promoting sustainable Economic growth .
- Reduce inequality among all the countries .
- Besides that, make cities and towns safe for all.
- Take urgent action for Climate change.
- Conserve and use sea, lakes, ponds, oceans etc .
- To promote peace and Happiness in all the countries.
- Protect ecosystems , combat Desertification .
- To Promote all the Energy resources ( especially renewable resources ) to protect the nature around us.