WHAT IS A CELL PHONE ?
Cell phone is a wireless device that allows us to : –
- Make calls and
- Receive calls.
The users can : –
- text each other and
- It includes many other features.
# MATERIALS USED
Materials used to make cell phones are :-
- Plastic and
WHAT ARE GLASSES MADE UP OF ?
GLASS : – Glass is one of the major components in a cell phone device.
- Aluminium oxide
- Silicon oxide
- An ultra thin layer of indium oxide.
- This allows users to touch the phones without causing any damage on the screen.
Some of the companies are : –
- One plus
- Samsung and many more.
WHAT IS SAPPHIRE ?
WHY WE USE METALS ?
- Neodymium-iron-boron alloys
These rare metals mentioned above are generally used to make : –
- Magnets which are found in a device.
WHY WE USE PLASTIC ?
- Mostly to protect our phone from any kind of damage.
- To save it from the scratches which gets poured in the screen.
This is 21st century and nowadays these cell phones have become a crucial part of our life.
# RAW MATERIALS INVOLVED
- Synthetic rubber
- Iron boron etc.
- Natural gas
CELL PHONES CAN BE ECO – WARRIORS ?
- CLEAN AIR AND WATER :- There are sensors which exists already .
- They are so helpful that they can easily record and send real time air-quality measurements.
Apps can help us to predict real time quality of : –
- Air and
NOTE : –
In India, farmers are using smartphones for irrigation systems.
- NEW RESEARCH AND DISCOVERY :- These cell phones are so optimized and efficient in terms of technology that they can be used easily for research purposes.
- take pictures, save them for later use.
- You can analyze them.
- You can make videos.
- We can upload images and they can research well with all the great content available to them.
- LeafView Project
- EpiCollect etc.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RECYCLING ?
The benefits of recycling are as follows : –
- SAVE ENERGY
- Recycling The Old Cell Phones
- Reusing These Smartphones Or Using Them For A Longer Period Of Time
- Conserving Resources
# REUSE AND RECYCLING
Reusing or Recycling cell phones will help the environment by :-
- Saving Energy
- Conserving the Natural Resources
- Keeping reusable materials out of Landfills.
# HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
Cell phones contains many hazardous materials such as : –
- Arsenic etc.
WHAT THEY CONTAMINATE ?
All these materials can be reused or recycled.
None of them should go to landfills as they can contaminate : –
- Air and
Recycled cell phones are used in : –
- Jewellery making
- Electronic and
- Automotive manufacturing.
# RECYCLE MOBILE PHONES
Recycling a mobile phone will have a huge impact on planet and natural resources too.
For Example : – Metals ( they are used in millions of phones which can be reused ).
So this also reduces the : –
- Need to mine for metals
- Saves a lot of energy
- Saves fossil fuels.
# OUR BENEFIT
Since fossil fuels are less used so it results in : –
- Less release of carbon into the atmosphere
It also helps us to prevent : –
- Climate change and
- Global warming.