WHAT IS GARBAGE ?
Garbage is any waste material which is discarded by humans. This can be due to the low quality of the material.
We humans usually like materials with high quality .
Collection of a lot of garbage in an area is known as Garbage pollution.
EXAMPLES : –
- Kitchen waste
- Any metal
- Glass papers
- Old medicines
- Plastics etc.
TYPES OF GARBAGE
The types of garbage are : –
- Organic Waste : This includes Kitchen waste , vegetables , flowers , fruits , leaves etc.
- Toxic Waste : Old medicines, paints, chemicals, bulbs, fertilizers and pesticides containers, batteries, shoe polish and so on.
- Recyclable Waste : ( Paper, glass, metals, plastics and so on ).
WHAT IS GARBAGE POLLUTION ?
Garbage contamination means ( messed up or a bunch of waste ) found particularly in household and commercial sectors and disposing them off.
Garbage Pollution is mainly found in cities and towns.
# Burning of harmful gases causes Land Pollution.
This is because when we release gases they get collected in the atmosphere and fall back into the Earth’s surface in the form of Acid Rain.
These acids contaminate our soil and water nutrients and causes severe threats to the small microorganisms living there.
They also causes harm to land.
Garbage pollution is the main cause of various bacterial diseases.
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Malaria are all caused by the garbage.
One of the main cause of Garbage Pollution is : –
- The Anthropogenic activities and
- Improper Solid waste management system.
We have to take care of our environment because we all are connected with each other and also the resources are limited.
There should be a proper system to manage the garbage waste.
There should be a proper system of door to door collection of garbage.
Human activities mainly influence the addition of more and more garbage in our environment.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF GARBAGE POLLUTION ?
The causes of Garbage pollution are :-
- There is improper waste management system.
- Building more and more Industries.
- We are developing more and more machines.
- Not using an item more than 1 time i.e no reusing.
# Dumping in open areas
There are many causes of garbage pollution but the main concern is our Human activities.
Garbage is a real threat for both Developed and Developing countries.
Especially counties with more population like China and India.
EFFECTS OF POOR WASTE DISPOSAL
- Leachate produced as waste decomposes and causes pollution. Badly managed landfill sites may cause damage to our environment.
- Incineration waste also causes problems because plastics release toxic substances, dioxins when they are burnt.
- Surface Contamination
- Soil Contamination
HEALTH IMPACTS DUE TO GARBAGE
Plastic pollution is also one of the main cause of imbalanced health.
Nowadays, plastic pollution is majorly found in the oceans and seas.
Some of the health impacts observed are as follows :-
- Blood Infections ( occur rarely but is usually happens when someone lives near landfills where we see dumping of waste in a form of little mountains )
- Various Respiratory problems
- Mosquito breeding so fever
- Digestion problems
- We may face skin irritation
Garbage causes harm to : –
- Water and
- Land and they all are contaminated by a high percentage.
# MANAGING WASTE
Waste can be managed by the method of RRR i.e Reuse, Reduce and Recycle.
- Reuse : – Means if possible use again and again an item instead of throwing it away.
- Reduce : – Means to generate the garbage as less as possible.
- Recycle : – Means instead of disposing of garbage in landfill site sort out some of the things.
Garbage is a serious concern in both developed and developing countries so there must be a proper waste management system in all over the world.
Garbage should be minimized and we must use them again and again or decompose it for Agricultural benefits.
Resources are limited and we all must contribute towards it by : –
- Compromising our greedy needs and
- We must use a material upto its maximum extent and
- We must promote sustainable development.