- A square
- Circle and so on.
Plastics are Non- Biodegradable and they take millions of years to degrade.
- Both Land and
- Water ecosystems.
# THINGS WE GOT TO KNOW AFTER RESEARCH
After various scientific researches it has been observed that plastics are real threat for our environment and currently it is greatly affecting the marine life cycle so we have to protect the water bodies like oceans , we have to clean them.
Millions of tons of plastics have been found in the Pacific ocean , Atlantic ocean and Indian ocean. The animals living out there are dying in a very fast rate due to plastics as they come in contact with plastics very easily.
Given below are the Causes and effects of plastic pollution :
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF PLASTIC POLLUTION ?
The causes of plastic pollution are : –
- Anthropogenic activities i.e human activities
- Plastic pollution is increasing due to Industrialization.
- Dumping in open areas.
- Throwing away plastic bags after using 1 time.
- Overuse by many people.
- Plastics are very cheap and easily available.
- Fishing industries also use plastics so many times they throw away plastics directly into the oceans and seas.
WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF PLASTIC POLLUTION ?
- Plastics affects the marine life and also the land life as it takes a very long time to degrade the plastics.
- It can cause groundwater pollution.
- It causes various kinds of pollution like air, water and land pollution.
- Air pollution occurs when we burn plastics, land pollution when we throw away plastics everywhere and water pollution when plastics are added to the seas and oceans.
Now since you know the causes and effects of plastic pollution you can say that :
Plastic is a serious threat for our survival and also for our environment. We must apply these conditions to minimize the use of plastics : –
- By Recycling the plastics ( plastics bags and water bottles ).
- We can use paper bags instead of plastic bags.
- Reduce the production of plastics.
- Education among people.
- By doing rallies and programmes for the importance of our environment and we should take care of it.