I know after reading this headline you might be a bit amazed right that ” How whales can help us to fight climate change ? ” but yes these huge whales can help us a lot.
But before that let me give a short introduction on Whales.
So let’s get started.
Introduction On Whales
Whales are very important for the marine ecosystem. They are currently the largest animals present on Earth and they are found mainly in the oceans.
They breathe air through a hole which is present on the top of their head.
Height = Around 95-100 feets ( Average )
Weight = More than 200 tons ( Average )
Blue whales are the biggest whale and the largest in the world.
How whales can help us to fight climate change ?
Here is the answer for this question :
- Well the first thing is to ban the poaching of the whales and dolphins as they are disappearing at a very high rate so to limit global warming we need more whales than ever.
- Whales absorb CO2 throughout its life.
- They absorb more CO2 than tree in many cases and are equally important for us just like trees.
- Whales travel in oceans on a regular basis so while they go from one place to another, Phytoplankton grows.
- Phytoplanktons are important for marine ecosystem.
- They absorb around 40% of CO2.
To deal with climate change we really need whales.
Stop poaching these large whales and start caring them.