Hello everyone ! In this article i will discuss with you all about ” Why we should avoid plastics ? ” and in the end i will explain you what can we use instead of plastics in order to protect the environment.
So let’s get started !
Therefore first of all let’s learn about what is plastic and what are the Causes and effects of plastic pollution.
What is Plastic ?
- A square
- Circle and so on.
- Other Biotic and Abiotic components and so on.
Plastics are Non- Biodegradable and they take thousand and millions of years to degrade.
- Both Land and
- Water ecosystems.
Now let’s learn about the causes and effects of plastic pollution.
# Causes Of Plastic Pollution
The causes of plastic pollution are : –
- Anthropogenic activities i.e human activities.
- Plastic pollution is increasing due to Industrialization.
- Dumping of plastics in open areas.
- Throwing away plastic bags after using 1 time i.e single use and no recycling.
- Overuse by many people.
- Plastics are very cheap and easily available.
- Fishing industries also use plastics so many times then they throw away plastics directly into the oceans and seas which later on harm the plants and animals living there.
# Effects Of Plastic Pollution
- Plastics affects the marine life and also the land life as plastics takes a very long time to degrade ( say thousands and millions of years ).
- It can cause groundwater pollution.
- It causes various kinds of pollution like air, water and land pollution.
- Air pollution occurs when we burn plastics.
- Land pollution occurs when we throw away plastics everywhere.
- Water pollution when plastics are added to the seas and oceans.
Plastics harm our environment. We should avoid plastics as much as we can.
You should avoid plastics and instead you can use reusable bags, paper bags etc.
As per my opinion, government should ban manufacturing plastics because we already have so much of plastics in our oceans and land.
Stop manufacturing plastics and instead use these plastics which we have discarded into the land and oceans.
# Now let’s learn Why we should avoid plastics ?
We should avoid plastics because : –
- Plastics harm the quality of our Environment.
- If we burn plastic then it releases a huge amount of Carbon which goes directly into the atmosphere and cause Air Pollution which later on we breathe.
- Plastics are Non-Biodegradable and they take 1000’s and millions of years to decompose.
- Instead of plastics you should use paper bags and banana leaves because they are easily degradable and they are also Environment friendly.
- Plastics pollute the Land, Water, Soil and Air.
- Use of plastics also degrade the quality of the Soil and it also affects the soil structure.
- We should stop manufacturing plastics and it should be banned in all over the world.
- We already have so much of plastics in the Oceans.
- Animals die by consuming plastics in the oceans like Turtles consume plastics because plastics look like Jellyfish inside the ocean and they by mistake consumes the plastic.
- Plastics make the environment dirty.
- These Plastic bags are made from Non-Renewable Resources.
- They also harm our human body.
- These plastics bags are easily available and we need a very high cost to clean these plastics.
What Should We Should Instead Of Plastics ?
Instead of plastics we can use : –
- Paper Bags
- Reusable Bags
- Banana Leaves
- Outer covering of Coconut
- Earthen Pots ( also known as Matkas and Kullad in India ).
- Many different leaves.
- Newspapers for packaging like for street foods.
- And many more things but avoid plastics.
- Education is necessary for this and we can also create awareness and rallies on avoiding plastics.
Plastic is a serious threat for our survival and also for our environment and we must do everything we can to protect the environment and make it clean and green.
You can learn more about Climate Change on my website.
” MAINTAINING ENVIRONMENT AND ITS BEAUTY IS A PLEASURE AND THE BIGGEST GIFT TO GOD FROM YOUR SIDE.” – By Shivam Roy