Hello everyone ! In this article i am going to discuss with you all about How Bhutan is the only carbon negative country in the world.
This is really amazing that even countries like : –
- India and many more were unable to be Carbon negative
- But still a small country like Bhutan is the only carbon negative country in the world.
Congratulations Bhutan and a big salute to you from my side. So let’s get started !
Therefore first of all let’s see and learn what is the meaning of carbon negative country.
What is the meaning of Carbon Negative Country ?
Carbon negative country simply means that the country emits less carbon dioxide than the other countries i.e in simple words the amount of carbon emitted into the atmosphere is much less than the other countries.
For example : – Many countries like USA, China, France, India and many more emit a lot of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere from their industries and vehicles.
These countries do not have much trees available so they cannot absorb all the carbon dioxide.
In simple terms they produce more carbon dioxide and absorb less due to lack of trees.
But in case of Bhutan they absorb more carbon dioxide and produce less carbon than any other country and this is what makes them unique.
Now let’s learn some interesting facts on Bhutan.
FEW POINTS ON BHUTAN
- Bhutan is a small country in the Himalayas situated between China and India ( they are the world’s most populated countries ).
- With GNH ( Gross National Happiness ) act Bhutan aims to provide happiness, peace and well-being to each and everyone living in Bhutan.
- They have pledged to use their natural resources very carefully.
- They have a small economy.
- Education is free especially in Schools and healthcare is also free for each and everyone living in Bhutan.
Sustainable development‘s all points are followed and equally balanced by Bhutan and the 3 points of sustainable development are : –
- Economic Growth
- Social sustainability
- Environmental sustainability.
They have a equal balance of all social, environmental and economic growth.
How Bhutan is the only carbon negative country in the world – How have they done it ?
Each and every country is fighting against Global Warming and Climate Change and Bhutan is also fighting against it and here are the ways by which they have become the only carbon negative country in the world : –
- 72% of the country is under forest cover. Well this is one of the main reason why they absorb more carbon and produce less.
- The government have ensured that ” A minimum of 60% of Bhutan’s total land shall be maintained under forest cover for all time “.
- This means till the time Earth is there a minimum of 60% forest area should be available in Bhutan and this is basically to conserve natural resources, ecosystems and to prevent deforestation.
- They are the only carbon negative country but for that they have a tough battle against melting of glaciers, Global Warming and Climate Change.
- Their country generate 2.2 tonnes of CO2 but their country absorbs them easily due to high forest area cover and they are now Net Carbon Sink ( it means they absorb more carbon ).
- They export a lot of renewable electricity from their rivers and they have generated free Hydroelectric power from many rivers.
- Currently they are working more and more on this topic so that they can reduce the use of Non-Renewable Energy Resources.
# SOME MORE WAYS
- Bhutan have committed to reduce GHG ( GreenHouse Gas ) emissions and they have promised to be carbon neutral.
- This is really great that they are providing free electricity to rural farmers so that they do not have to use wood from forests for cooking.
- By a programme called ‘ Clean Bhutan ‘ they are cleaning their entire country.
- Bhutan is investing in sustainable transport and they are also reducing the cost of LED lights.
- To keep the country clean and green they are planting more and more trees.
- Government have also decided to go paperless as soon as possible.
For protection of Forests, Parks and Sanctuaries they have prevented : –
- Pollution and
- Wastage Of Resources
Video On How Bhutan is the only carbon negative country in the world
After a research i have found a fantastic video on this topic. You should watch how beautifully Sir have explained in this video.
PLEASE NOTE : – I DO NOT OWN THIS VIDEO. THIS VIDEO BELONGS TO THE CHANNEL ” TED “.
# This Is Really Amazing
They say that Forests, Parks and Sanctuaries are their Lungs and they have connected each and every : –
- National Park
- Forests with each other.
This is because now the animals are free to roam in all around the country.
They are not doing what the other countries are doing like India where : –
- Animals are kept in Zoo’s
- They are captured
- Tortured and
- Slaughtered ( killed ).
Each and every country should take a lesson from this and start taking actions against it.
We have to save our environment and we ave to save the plants and animals.
WHAT ARE THE FUTURE GOALS OF BHUTAN ?
If they continue their work i am definitely sure Bhutan will be the best in terms of greenery and happiness.
The future goals of Bhutan are : –
- By 2030, they plan to reach zero net GHG emissions and they will produce zero net waste.
- There will be an increase in Wind and Solar availability.
- By 2020, they will produce 100% of organic food.
- There will be an increase in the supply of Hydroelectric Power.
Each and every country should learn and adopt their ideas to make the world clean and green with full of peace and happiness.
The key fact is that use more and more Renewable Energy Resource, plant trees and take care of each other is the goal to keep the Mother Earth safe.
” MAINTAINING ENVIRONMENT AND ITS BEAUTY IS A PLEASURE AND THE BIGGEST GIFT TO GOD FROM YOUR SIDE.” – By Shivam Roy