WHY WE DEPEND TOO MUCH ON WATER ?
- Water is important in domestic sector ( house work like washing clothes and utensils ).
- In commercial sectors ( like in offices and Industries ).
WHAT CAN WE DO TO MEET THE WATER SCARCITY ?
To meet the water scarcity we need to do the following : –
- Educate people.
- Water must be available at a low price.
- Increase the availability of fresh water.
- Stop Disturbing the Natural habitat.
- Conserve the water available for us.
- Adopt some strict laws and policies.
- We must stop wasting water.
- We can reduce the demand of water.
- By reducing man – made activities.
- Educating the people to use less water
- Minimize the sewage disposal problem
- Reuse water
- Recycle Water
- Use of planted filters
Population is increasing day by day so it is essential to save the water and we have to adopt water scarcity solutions.
HOW CAN WE REDUCE THE DEMAND OF WATER ?
For example : – We can close the tap while brushing our teeth.
We can reduce the demand by : –
Reduce industrial consumption through : –
- Reuse and
- Using new technologies.
- Switch to organic farming.
- Promote crops which can tolerate salty water.
- Use drip- irrigation method.
HOW CAN WE INCREASE AVAILABILITY OF FRESH WATER ?
Fresh water is essential for our survival.
We can increase the availability of water by : –
- Restore ponds and lakes.
- Don’t waste water unnecessarily.
- Desalinate wastewater.
- Go for traditional water harvesting system.
Water scarcity is increasing day by day and it is our duty to save water.
We need clean and safe water to drink.
WE REALLY NEED TO CHANGE OUR LIFESTYLE ?
All these water scarcity solutions can be adopted easily if we change our lifestyle and our mind.
The main thing i should say is : –
- Stop polluting the water resources .
- Don’t waste water.
Save Water ! Save Future !