- Chemical ,
- Radioactive contaminants to the environment.
It degrades the quality of our life and environment.It can take the form of chemical substances or energy such as : –
- heat or light energy.
Pollutants usually contribute for the pollution .
# POLLUTION AFFECTS THE ENVIRONMENT
One of the main cause of pollution is : –
- high rate usage of energy by modern growing populations.
Humans are themselves degrading their quality of life.
This is because we do various activities which directly affects our health and environment.
Pollution has led to Global Warming which has distributed the global climatic condition.
- Winters have become warmer
- Frequency of drought has increased and
- Floods has increased and
- Rainfalls have become unpredictable.
Some of the causes of pollution are :
- Release of chemicals from Industries.
- Vehicles releasing gases.
- Various Anthropogenic activities.
- Bursting of crackers.
- Burning of woods
TYPES OF POLLUTION
- Air Pollution
- Water Pollution
- Soil Pollution
- Light Pollution
- Noise Pollution
- Radioactive Contamination
- Thermal Pollution
- Visual Pollution
MAJOR AIR POLLUTANTS
- Oxides of Sulphur
- Oxides of Nitrogen
- Carbon Monoxide
- Suspended Particulate Matter
EFFECTS OF POLLUTION
Various effects of pollution are : –
- Sulphur Dioxide and Oxides of Nitrogen can cause acid rain which reduces the PH value of soil.
- Soil can become infertile and unsuitable for plants and animals in the food web.
- Ocean acidification can also decrease the PH in Earth’s oceans.
- The Greenhouse gas emission leads to global warming which affects our ecosystem.
- Smog and haze can lower the reach of sunlight received by plants.
- Pollution can affect our health.
- Ozone Pollution can cause some throats , inflammation , chest pain and congestion. Oil spills can cause skin irritation and rashes.
- Noise Pollution induces hearing loss , high blood pressure , stress and sleep disturbance.
- Contamination caused by pollution can have damaging effects in the brain and central nervous system.
Pollution is one of the main cause for the environment degradation.
We have to control our activities in order to reduce the quantity of pollution : –
- We can use bicycles.
- We can walk for short distances so that we can save the fuel and environment.
WHAT CAN WE DO ?
We can also stop playing speakers and bursting of crackers.
Education is the key to success .
We have to educate people in order to limit the population level on our environment.