WHAT IS RENEWABLE ENERGY ?
Renewable energy is energy which we can use over and over again.
Examples : –
- Wind energy
- Solar energy
- Geothermal energy etc.
# BENEFITS OF RENEWABLE ENERGY
- Environmental benefits : – They are clean source of energy .
- Energy security : – Renewable sources reduces the dependency of country.
- Sustainability : – They will not run out as they can be replenished.
- We can use them even for our future generations .
- Helping the local economy : – We can use these energies locally without importing.
WHAT IS SOLAR ENERGY ?
Solar energy is one of the most important renewable energy source on this planet.
Solar energy is the energy which converts : –
- the sun heat or light to another form of energy.
Solar energy is very Eco- friendly in nature as it does not emit any greenhouse gas.
Sunlight actually depends on various things like : –
- Geographic location
- Season and
- Time of the day.
Given below are the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy.
ADVANTAGES OF SOLAR ENERGY
The advantages of solar energy are : –
- Solar energy is pollution free and causes no greenhouse gases.
- We can save more fossil fuels.
- It Can be used to heat water , power homes and building even power cars.
- No maintenance is required as solar panels last many years.
- It is safer than traditional electric current.
- Renewable clean power that is available every time every year.
- Efficiency is always improving.
DISADVANTAGES OF SOLAR ENERGY
The disadvantages of solar energy are : –
- Initial cost is high for material and installation.
- Needs a lot of space as efficiency is not 100%.
- Cloudy days do not produce much energy.
- Time and weather dependent.
- Low production during winters.
- Devices that run on DC power directly are more expensive.
- Takes a huge amount of time to charge solar cookers , cars etc.
Since now you know the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy so you can say that :
- Solar energy is one of the most useful energy for our planet.
We should utilize as much as we can.
Solar energy can be replenished and is very useful for our : –
- Health and